The Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programe is an EU funded Programme (from the European Regional Development Fund-ERDF).
The programme goal is to develop the border area between the two countries by financing joint projects.
The total budget of the Programme is 258.504.126 euro (out of which 215.745.513 euro ERDF).
The projects are financed: 85% ERDF, 13% state (Romania and Bulgaria) contribution and 2% own contribution.
The funds are allocated to 6 directions (priority axes):
- A well connected region (96,450,936 euro)
- A green region (63,454,564 euro)
- A safe region (48,225,468 euro)
- A skilled and inclusive region (17,767,279 euro)
- An efficient region (12,690,913)
- Technical assistance (19,914,966)
The eligible area:
– Romania (7 counties): Mehedinti, Dolj, Olt, Teleorman, Giurgiu, Calarasi, Constanta;
– Bulgaria (8 districts): Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Silistra, Dobrich.
The management structures of the Interreg V-A Romania-Bulgaria support the applicants and the future beneficiaries in preventing fraud within their projects by drafting the Practical guide on fraud for applicants and beneficiaries. For consulting the document, please click here.